30.1.14

the essentials: part 5

9. Black/Nude Heels
I think a lot of people consider these the boring shoe. A complete waste of money when they could be buying those other killer statement shoes. But trust me...you need these! Perhaps even more than one pair. These are the neutral shoe.. (okay, that sounds a little boring). However, I can't remember how many times someone has picked up an amazing dress and said, 'What shoes could I wear though?' and the only answer is nude/black heels. And when admitting they didn't own a pair, had to put the dress down and back away...gutted!! 

Great for toning down a statement outfit, and they are also perfect for dressing up a casual outfit.To be honest, they truly are little saviours.

These are my favourites:


Jeffrey Campbell (On sale) 
River Island 

Or if you feel like splashing some cash...The Louboutins..

Louboutins 

Someday..


10. Ankle Boots
I debated over this one. I originally was going to put trainers in my top 10, but opted for ankle boots, as I think these get so much more wear. I have several pairs, and at least 5 days out of the week, it's ankle boots I'm wearing. More low key than heels, but more sophisticated than trainers, they really are the perfect casual shoe. I love how they can dress up an OTT casual outfit, and yet tone down a stylish dress for daytime. What more could you ask for..

Here are some favourites:

Pull&Bear 
Zara 
Asos


Alright guys, that is my 10 essential wardrobe pieces. What did you think of them? Are they staples in your wardrobe, or could you live without them?

Thanks for reading..

No comments:

Post a Comment