27.4.15

Second Year Struggles





I have been REALLY absent for a while. I'm in my final week of uni for second year, and I'd love to tell you that I've been putting that first and focusing on all my work. But no. I've been hiding and contemplating why I ever went back to uni. Anyone else?
Today, I had two presentations and finished one of my modules for the year. (YAY) Although it has been one hell of a struggle, I'm feeling really proud of myself tonight. So far, I've learned that the work is not the hardest part. The hardest part of  University is finding the motivation and determination to keep going. It's being able to discipline yourself and push yourself to reach your potential. 


I have honestly struggled recently with University, and have wondered did I make the right decision to go back. People think I am crazy whenever I tell them that I have absolutely no desire to become an Accountant or a Marketing manager. I am a hair stylist. That's my passion. That's the career I am choosing. 

So why do I need a business degree? I don't. I want one. And as difficult as it is, that's my driving force. I am not doing a degree because I need  it, nor to get further in my career and beat any competition. I am doing one because I want one. I want that achievement. I want to push myself out of my comfort zone. I want to meet new people. I want to learn. I want to grow. I want to prove to myself that I can do anything that I set my mind to. 

I haven't pushed myself like this in a very long time, and when I look at the different aspects of my life, I can see that. So I'm starting to now. Starting with University. I am going to do this, and I'm going to do this to the best of my ability. If we aren't challenging ourselves, then we are not accomplishing anything.

  

post signature

All images found via Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment