24.1.14

the essentials: part 1

So here we go...

1. LBD
I think it's safe to say, everyone will agree with me on this one. The Little Black Dress is a must!! I love this one as I am a massive fan of the drop waist. The style of the sleeves and the fitted body also means that you can get away with this one both casually and dressed up.


Look 1: If you haven't already noticed, I am quite a casual dresser, so I like dressing things down. The easiest, and comfiest, way to do this is throw an oversized jumper over the top to get that skirt effect. Keeping it low key with converse.

Look 2: Another perfect casual look, this is how I like to style this dress when the weather is a little better. A light bomber jacket keeps it low key, and the red Puma Suede's add a pop of colour.

Look 3: The saviour!! This is the go to look when there is no other option for a night out. Paired with awesome heels and statement jewellery, just add a statement clutch and you're ready to go.

Love this little LBD from Topshop.

2. Leather Trousers
Confession: I would die without these bad boys!! They are my favourite piece of clothing I have ever owned. I got these from Topshop AGES ago, but they are so wearable and have really held up well (based on the fact that they are never off me). If I could recommend one thing, it would be to invest in a good pair of leather trousers..they are worth it.


Look 1: Like an LBD, this is my go to for a night out (when you haven't shaved your legs or can't bear the cold). With a pair of killer heels, statement jewellery, or a really cool jacket, this look is so chic. It never fails.

Look 2: The grungy, laid back look is a definite favourite of mine. I like to team my leather trousers with and oversized band tee, bulky trainers, like these wedged ones, and one of my many brightly coloured slouchy hats to keep me from looking too dull.

Look 3: This look has quickly become my Uni look. It's perfect for early starts, when you just want to wear a massive hoodie, and pretend you're still in bed. With an oversized jumper and comfy flats, the leather trousers keeps this looking stylish, (and like some effort was put in).

These leather trousers from G-Star are awesome.

So that is the first two of my wardrobe essentials. I would love your feedback on this..Would you put these in your list?

No comments:

Post a Comment