27.1.14

the liebster award

In the short time that I have been blogging, I have loved every minute of it. I'm so glad I took that moment of bravery and started it. And I love it now so much more after the amazing girls, Tori and Victoria, from Pretty Lovely Girls have nominated me for the Liebster Award. So far, this has made my year. :)


A bit of info; The Liebster Award is presented to blogs that have under 200 followers. Each blog has been nominated by a fellow blogger and presented with 11 questions to answer about themselves. The nominee then nominates 11 other bloggers and gives them 11 questions to answer. And we simply keep it going.. It's an amazing way to promote and find really cool new blogs.

Here are the questions from Pretty Lovely Girls and my answers:

1. If all your make-up was taken away but you could keep 3 things, what would they be?
I would HAVE to have my HD Brows palette, my Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation and Benefit They're Real Mascara.

2. What is your favourite fashion item?
My favourite fashion item is definitely my (super old) Leather Jacket from ZARA. It has been my little life saviour for years and has held up well. If my house goes on fire...that's what I'm grabbing.

3. What is your favourite blush?
At the minute, I've been using, and LOVING, this No7 Blusher in Coral Flush.

4. What is your favourite movie?
Hmm....this is a tough one!! I absolutely love the Sex and the City Movies (have seriously watched them wayy too much!!) But if pushed, I'd have to give it to The Notebook. We all love a wee tearjerker.. :)


5. What/who inspired inspired you to blog?
I am an Instagram addict, and through this I started following a lot of fashion bloggers. I adore the LA style and so I would have to say that blogs like Song of StyleWalk in Wonderland and Sincerely, Jules really inspired me to kick start my blog. 

6. Leather or fur?
Leather!! Definitely! I practically live in leather. I must look like an extra from Grease most of the time..

7. Tell us one makeup tip that changed your life.
Okay, so, confession: I am way more into my fashion that beauty, so I don't have or pick up on any makeup tips. (EEK!) Everything I know I learnt from my sisters, and so I guess just practising over and over is how I got any good.

8. What is the best advice you ever received from someone? 
Sorry. This isn't really advice from 'someone' but a little phrase I have started living by is 'Dream out loud.' It's from a Thirty Seconds to Mars song, and basically reminds me to stop being scared. If I want to do something, I need to go do it.. Like start this blog. :)

9.What is your favourite era in terms of beauty or fashion? (Your know like 50′s, 60′s, etc.)
In terms of hair and beauty, I LOVE the 60's!! As a hairdresser, the hair of that time period is truly inspirational. In terms of fashion, I have to admit, I don't have a favourite era. Every era was amazing when it was happening, and I just prefer to live in the (fashion) moment.

10. What is your staple party look – from beauty to fashion?
The old trusty is the LBD, killer heels and a smokey eye.

11. If there was one thing you could buy (money being no object) what would it be?
Jared Leto?!?! Can I buy him!?! 


Here are my questions for my nominations:

1. Describe your style in one word.
2. What is your favourite online store? 
3. What is currently number one on your wishlist?
4. What is your favourite piece in your wardrobe?
5. Jeans or Dresses?
6. Who/what motivated you to start blogging?
7. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
8. Who is your all time favourite band/singer/musician?
9. Describe yourself in three words.
10. What is the best advice you have ever received?
11. What are your goals for 2014?

And my nominations are these 11 AMAZING blogs:

SashaDoll Fashion Closet 
Aarica Nichole
Tamsin Lily D
The Sole Project
The Perks Of Being Amy
Vogue Berry
Dornroeeschen
Latest Lil

(These blogs have been chosen on the basis that they are pretty damn good, and have less than 200 followers on Bloglovin)

5 comments:

  1. What a great initiative!
    x
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I see we both love They're Real! ;)
    xo T
    prettylovelygirls.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tori. Oh I can't live without it! Best mascara I've come across in a LONG time! :)
      xx

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for the nomination! I've answered the questions on my latest blog post xox

    www.tamsinlilyd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete